Friday, December 12, 2008

Recitals, Parties and Treats...Oh My!!!




Yesterday was a very crazy day. S had an eye appointment to get his retina checked and that took the ENTIRE morning. Since his eyes were "sensitive", I had to drive him downtown to Accuscan to do a little work at the office there. I was assured that it would take no more than an hour...Hmmm...two and a half hours later I was calling S to find out what was taking so long!! (Insert angry face here !!!) I came home to mounds of laundry (that was too over whelming for me to do, so I shut my door) and many messages on my answering machine. Yuck. As soon as the kids got home from school, we got the girls ready for their piano recital, drove all the way down to Provo for a Christmas party, left and drove like a maniac all the way to Sandy for the recital (which was perfect!), stopped at the store for last minute party stuff for B and came home to make a cake. Now, it didn't stop there. WAH! I asked the kids if they had home work (luckily, none of them did), but I couldn't find O. After our first "ding, dong, ditch", S informed me that it was probably O and friends who did that while tearing through the neighborhood...at 9:00 at night!? They got cold, came inside (I looked so beautiful in my pj's and no make up) to play the wii and guitars. Boys are so different than girls. The boys that were over were funny and just didn't care what they looked like or sounded like, but the girls were quite giggly. Was I like that? I like to remember myself completely composed and in check. Oh well...they are getting quite good at the guitar. O has some really good friends, both boys and girls.

No comments: