Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!


All who know me know that I really do NOT like the snow. This morning I went out to run errands after L and B left for school and it was just beginning to snow. What a mistake. I was only gone 1 1/2 hours and when I came back home, I couldn't make it up our huge mountainside to our house. There was another car in front of me with the same problem. Soon, there were several cars sharing my joy. So, I called my fabulous friend G and was telling her about it and she sent her husband out right away to rescue me. I love G and think her entire family is just so amazing and wish that I could be more like G. About an hour or so later the snow calmed and G and her husband called to see if they could take me to lunch. I think they realized that I was on the verge on a meltdown! We went and I had the best time. Again, I am so thankful for friendships and the love and compassion and tenderness that comes with it. I guess in an odd way, I am thankful for the snow and the beautiful spring it will provide. I hope the snow will stop tomorrow for our drive to Arizona for Christmas...


Update on the Positive Parenting thing...ummm, I think I may need therapy before I am finished with the book and application...

No comments: