Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Power of Positive Parenting...


About a month ago, my really good friend K and I were talking about our teenagers. You know, the nightmares of homework, white lies, not white lies, sibling fights, laziness, etc...She said that she had read this book and applied it to their 15 year old son and it has changed all of their lives! The book is called The Power of Positive Parenting by Dr. Latham. She told me a little about it and I knew that I just had to get this book and try it. Not from the library, either. Owning it would allow me to write thoughts (translation--frustrations) or whatever in it. I went to buy it, but it was OUT!! :( Lately we have had so many things going on in our home that I have allowed some things to slide. Bad idea. Now things are worse and all of a sudden my 14 year old daughter is beginning to frighten me with some of her actions. So, I was dreaming about this book last night and awoke in a complete sweat and panic and could actually hear myself mumbling something not very nice. Today after I get my hair done and go to lunch with one of my friends (it's her birthday), I am going to buy that book and start reading it right away. I will keep you updated on my tantrums over this!!!

No comments: