Sunday, December 14, 2008
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Last night we went to see the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still with Bobcat and it has left me thinking. Not of aliens taking the earth back because we "humans" are destroying it, but of being still...in the good sense. I always hear that we need to "be still", and yet I can't manage for some reason. My life has seemed very out of control lately and every day I find myself at a break down point. At the end of the day I think of being still as going to bed and falling asleep while reading a good book. I am sure that is not what is being thought of as "being still". I am positive that if I took a few short minutes of every day to be still and reflect and listen, that I could possibly have a better day and be more open to the spirit. So, as an early Christmas present to myself, that is what I will try starting today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment