Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Husband For Sale!!!!!!

Anyone that knows me knows that I do not like to have animals in my house. We have two cats and I often find myself wondering when we will be rid of them. I love animals...just not in my house. Last week (New Year's Eve) S took our kids shopping and obviously had a hard time saying no to our kids...they came back with two hamsters. WHAT???????? No way. Our cats thought this was a great idea. Everyone was very nervous to tell me, so I tried to behave in a way that seemed sweet and loving. Remember, I said "tried". What came out instead of "oh, they are so cute and sweet" was "are you crazy? I will do nothing to help keep them alive" and on and on. No self control at all. Well, not even one week later, one of the hamsters died. Lucky for us, it was not L's hamster, but O's. Also lucky for us, O lost her phone that same day, so the death of the furry little monster was nothing in comparison. O was crying over her lost phone, L was crying because the hamster died and now her hamster might die also. THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE HAVING ANY ANIMALS!!!!! Please envision my face with fury at this point. So, S was helping O with some horrific math homework and we hear this little whimper. I go toward L's room and she is just sobbing and wiping her face on our ultra skinny cat, Asia. I was so broken hearted for L and worried that her hamster might die, that I actually told her that I would lovingly take care of the hamster while she was at school. This made her giggle a little, but what else could I do? L crying breaks my heart... I will have to make S pay for this at some point!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I can't believe Asia and ___ (its been so long I can't remember the name) are alive and kicking. (that sounded mean) We should send you Glenn's old shoes to keep them happy.