Here we are with another summer quickly vanishing....we had an amazing summer. We did travels at the beginning of summer and had an endless stream of visitors for the rest! It was a fast summer.
Olivia has signed a lease on an apartment in Salt Lake City and we have been moving her in all week. It is a little run down, but most people (especially college kids) have an apartment that needs a little TLC... She spent her first night there last night. I wouldn't let her stay until we installed a bar lock across her door! :) Over the next month or so, we should have everything that she needs and have the place spruced up. Liv is at SLCC for one year getting her gen eds and then transferring to the University of Utah. It's a massive college. And a little intimidating.
Lauren is a junior at Corner Canyon High School. There are almost 4,000 students at the school. It's a new school and just opened last year. Whoever was in charge underestimated the number of students that would be at the school and the school now holds 12 portables. Lauren gets to drive herself to school this year...so, here's hoping that she doesn't skip school. She has tons of friends to make the year great!
Ben is in 7th grade at Draper Park Middle School. He has classes upstairs and down this year. As a 6th grader, he was only allowed to have classes downstairs, so he feels pretty cool. He is having some problems with his locker (they are SO hard to open), but seems to enjoy it so far.
I decided to not return to Head Start this year. It was a difficult year last year and I feel like I did it out of desperation. Desperation to not think about the loss of my mom, my dads loneliness, Olivia moving out and going to college two hours away, Ben starting middle school, and Lauren starting high school. After typing all of this, I think I was CRAZY to think it was good to go back to work. I honored my contract for the entire school year and survived. It was so hard on my family. Now, with the kids back to school and me being home when they get home this year, I can already feel the difference. There will be a time for me to go back to work, but for now I will stay at home.
Steve is enjoying (mostly) work at Novarad. He has some good friends at work and seems to have enjoyed that Olivia worked with him over the summer. We just received some stock in the company so hopefully that will be something to help with retirement someday! Steve also works with the Young Men and loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment