Sunday, July 27, 2014

Crazy Pace...

July 27, 2014

Our lives have taken on this insane pace.  At the beginning of summer I was so excited to be finished with work and thought things would slow down.  How wrong I was...Our summer has been so busy.  We went to visit my dad for a few weeks.  During that time we went to Spenser's wedding to Tonya, visited lots of relatives, attended a funeral for my sweet Aunt Frieda (mom's sister), went to Nauvoo, Blackhawk and helped dad to plant some flowers.   While we were there, we found out that Lauren made the company dance team for her studio and had to cut our trip short to head back for camp.

Things have not slowed down one bit.  Olivia just secured an apartment in SLC and will be attending the University of Utah this fall.  She's excited to have an apartment and living in the city.  Ben attended a golf camp and has had tons of fun with friends.  He's so tan and so tall!!!  He's leaving later this week for scout camp with Steve.  I always enjoy the time when everyone leaves (only for a little while) because then I completely clean out the house.  Although I'm not as worried about getting it done as usual because I am not returning to Head Start this fall.  It was so hard on our family.  I would like to get something that permits me to work occasionally and does not deal with children.  :)

Steve is always Steve.  He's been a little stressed at work, but sometimes I think that's good...keeps him on his toes.  He is such a wonderful example of love and kindness to our family.  He provides for us and tries to give us everything we want.

One amazing thing that happened last week to our family is that we were able to have Juli and Boyd and family here for Jack entering the MTC to serve a full time mission in Slovenia.  What an amazing example of love for the Lord.  We were very emotional about him leaving, but it certainly helped to see how eager he was to serve.  Ben got in the car after we said good bye and said "I'm so disappointed in Jack.  He left us..." It broke my heart and made me laugh at the same time.  Love that kid....

Well, here's to hoping that I update this more frequent.


No comments: