I thought I was finished with blogging. For whatever reason, I remembered my blog this morning and have read through some of my posts. I am so glad that I did. It brings back so much sorrow, but also so many wonderful memories. It has also made me realize how different my world is now. Here are some things going on in my life now...
One of the biggest changes in my life is that Olivia left for college in August. She is in Logan at Utah State University. It was bittersweet to get her there. The shopping together to get things for her new dorm and life there was really therapeutic. She is studying Computer Science for now. I think she likes what she is studying, but she really likes living "on her own". Our home has noticed a definite loss of her being gone. Our home is quieter, Lauren's wardrobe is smaller and our home is larger. I miss seeing her every day. Just knowing that she is not coming home at the end of the day is still heartbreaking for me, but I am so proud of her and get so excited for every text, snapchat or phone call. I have discovered that my children own my heart.
Lauren is now in high school. She is on the company AED dance team for ballet. She has only been taking ballet for one year, so it was a complete honor and shock when they asked her to be on the team without trying out! Lauren has an amazing group of girlfriends and seems to love high school. She is in drivers ed and will be turning 16 next month!!!
Ben is now in middle school at 6th grade. I just can't believe it. He has gone from wanting to wear the same outfit every single day of the week, to showering daily, wearing jeans and spending way too long on his hair. He is so funny. He loves basketball and we have signed him up for Junior Jazz starting in December.
Steve is super happy at work and I am always so proud of the amazing work that he does. I don't understand it, but I can see the finished product and I am in awe. He was able to go on a dream fishing trip to Alaska this summer for "serious fishing" for salmon and halibut.
Me? Well, I have started back to work at Mountainland Head Start. I work 25 hours a week which is killing our family. No one really likes me working, and to be honest, I think I have had too many changes within a year. I don't think I will be returning next year. But we are all healthy and happy and doing well. I miss my mom every second of every day. It's shocking how many times something happens and I STILL have a flashing thought to call her to tell her. But I have learned, life goes on..... whether you are ready for it or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment