Friday, July 10, 2009

Changes

The past couple of weeks have been kind of a whirlwind! We are currently in Illinois visiting family. It has been a crazy fast trip so far. The first three days we were here, we were doing everything involved with a wake and funeral for Steve's Grandma Anna. What an amazing woman. It was very interesting and touching to listen to what people had to say about Anna. She was mostly thought of as straight speaking and very generous. Very good qualities. It was heartbreaking to see the sorrow that was left at her passing, but it was out of complete love and respect. We will all miss her and her humor.
The week before we left to come to Illinois, I found out that I was going to be released as Relief Society President. This news was so bittersweet. I have been RSP for just over two years. I was so afraid to accept this assignment from the church, but took I it out of fear more than anything. I cannot believe how much I have learned. I will never look at anything in the church the same way again and I will always pick up (regardless of how tired I am) and do as much as I can when called upon. It was a fulfilling, but exhausting calling. I am looking forward to getting myself healthy, my home organized and my children on track. I have been slacking at home far too much.
I have loved seeing my family so much...the only thing I haven't enjoyed is the humidity.

No comments: