
I cannot believe that another school year is coming to an end. Usually I cannot wait for this, but our back yard has been so full of kids lately, that I dread it. I love that my kids have friends to play with, but whenever friends are around, messes occur. Not just cute little toys (like a plastic Luke Skywalker dangling from the guinea pig cage), but sticky, sticky messes. Ice cream, otter pops, candy, food, food, food and drinks everywhere! UGH!
This end of school year I am a little more anxious, though. Olivia will be in 9th grade next year. I can't believe that yesterday I found myself screaming, "you may NOT go into the front yard with just your swimming suit on and get some sun, you have to go in the back." Boys from everywhere were circling. What the??? It used to always be so cute when the kids would run around the neighborhood with Popsicles in hand and a smile on their face and the feel of summer everywhere around them. Certain "developments" have changed my perspective. I need to try to relax more and enjoy my children without worries of mess, noise and too many children around. I will try...I am sure that will get me until an hour after school today.
No comments:
Post a Comment