
Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the Draper Temple Cornerstone Dedication. It was a long morning, but a beautiful morning. I have always loved to see the prophet and hear his words. Since becoming an active member of the LDS church again (18 years ago), the prophet I have felt the closest to was President Gordon B. Hinckley. What an amazing man he was and what sorrow was felt around the world at his passing. I never thought I would feel the same way about President Monson (sorry!) as I did President Hinckley. Until yesterday. It didn't hit me until he walked outside the temple and the choir was singing "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet". President Monson was very at ease and was making jokes and didn't even realize (I think) that we could hear some comments. His mike was turned up pretty loud. It was during those moments where the mike was turned up and he was cracking jokes about a tennis match, that the spirit (what an odd time, I know) testified to me that this man is indeed the Prophet and will guide us in the right direction always. I have been failing with so many things lately and it was the perfect time and place for me to rededicate myself to the work of the Lord. It is not always easy for me to be the Relief Society President, but that is part of the experience I suppose. My part is only a small part, but I need to rise to the occasion and do my best to serve the Lord.
1 comment:
Lisa I thought the same thing about President Hinckley and President Monson. You are lucky to be able to go and be involved with the temple there.
Post a Comment