Monday, February 2, 2009

Draper LDS Temple Open House


You know that song (for friends and family that are LDS), I Love To See The Temple...? I am fortunate enough to live an area where I get to see temples whenever I leave my home. There are so many in the area that at times I forget how lucky I am. I had the opportunity to take some amazing friends to see the new Draper Temple and it was so beautiful. All of the temples are beautiful. What made it so beautiful this time was watching my girls. They were curious and it was very touching to see the spirit that they felt in that temple. Both girls, once in the celestial room (which was breathtaking), claimed to be married there some day. It brought a bittersweet feeling to me. Sweet in the way that I do want my girls to have a temple marriage. Bitter because it still kills my soul to know that my dad never got to see me being married. Why didn't I wait? My dad told me not to wait that he wasn't sure if or when he would be ready. I jumped with that and ran because I was (and still am) madly in love. I know that my dad would not have it any other way, but it still must have been so hard and heartbreaking for him to not be there. I want to make sure that I am always following what I know I should be doing and be worthy to enter the temple at all times.

No comments: