Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good Books = A Messy House

I love to read. I especially love the books that capture my immediate attention and keep it throughout the entire book. Even to the point of dreaming about it and when I am not reading the book, find myself thinking of the characters. That is what a well written book does and it has been a very long time since I have read a book that captivates me. As I look around my home today, I am sure my family really does not like it when I get a good book, because everything falls second to it. Cooking, cleaning, errands, socializing, etc... Last year I decided that I would always audio book any books that I wanted to read so that I could "kill two birds with one stone". I could hear the story while getting other things done. That really works well because I want to keep finding things to clean so that I can listen to my book. However, there is nothing better than snuggling down under a blanket and just holding the book and actually reading. The other night I found a book that my father-in-law left for me and I picked it up out of boredom and started reading and... sorry, that's all I have time for--I need to get back to my book!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so into the audio books. Laundry/Dishes/Book all at the same time. But it can't quite replace. Too bad I can't stay awake for more than 2 minutes when I get in bed and read.