Friday, May 18, 2012

Brazil 2012



Our trip to Brazil was mostly incredible!  I can't believe that it's been almost two weeks since we've been back.  Did I really go?  Well, here's just a quick recap of our trip. 
I don't even know where to start...well, we spent one day in Rio. A full day and then off to more flights. Many flights, bus rides, taxis and rental cars later, we made our way from the top of the country to the bottom and then back to the middle.  The Amazon was very beautiful and hot and humid.  Even living in Illinois in August did not prepare me for the heat and humidity.  The bugs were gigantic and somewhat frightening and to say that I had a hard time sleeping there would be a huge understatement!!! 
After a couple of days in the Amazon, we took our travels to the southern part of the Brazil where Steve served his mission.  He was so excited to go back.  It was honestly so beautiful! It was almost cold there (it is Brazil's fall season) and at night we needed jackets.  Steve was really shocked with the growth there.  We also went into Paraguay for one of the days.  That was my least favorite part of the trip.  We were also held by the Brazilian police for awhile...we think just because we were Americans...still unsure about that one, but I was so scared I almost started crying!
Our last stop was in Sao Paulo.  We were there for two days.  I have never been in such a massive city in my life...ever.  Nor do I ever want to be again.  It was overwhelming and at times very scary.  We made it back and I was just thinking about our trip today.  It almost seems like a dream.  We were able to see some amazing wildlife, architecture, forests, patient people and extreme poverty and well as extreme opulence.  I would go again in a heart beat.....anyone want to go?

1 comment: