Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Lake Powell
Dr. Gibby invited our family to Lake Powell for a camping weekend. I am NOT a camper, but it was really important for Steve (and for some reason Dr. Gibby) that our entire family be there. Steve and Ben went up a day or two early and the girls and I drove and met them there on Friday afternoon. The drive was quick and very fun and beautiful. It was nice to be with just the girls and singing our girl music the entire way. Steve told me that it would take 5 1/2 - 6 hours to get there and it only ended up taking four. Steve and Gibby were an hour and a half late picking us up at the dock, but we made the best of it. It was so warm and so gorgeous! I made up my mind before we left that I was going to have a good attitude, no matter what. The first night was perfect, until we went to bed....a massive wind storm came up the very second that we stepped into the tent. Our tent (and the girls) was completely blown flat on top of us, but at least it was nice a cool. Ben was a little freaked out by that. Overall, the trip was good. Better than I had expected!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment