My parents came for a visit for two weeks on May 12th. It was so much fun to be with them and just hang out...Ben would pray every single night that my parents would never leave. I thought it was very sweet! I love having my parents come to stay. I get to go shopping almost every day with my mom and we love to drag my dad along to torture him! While my parents were visiting, they were able to see Olivia and Lauren's piano recital. We have had so many recitals with no one but our own tiny family to share it with, so this time was so beautiful! I felt so lucky to have my parents there. There are usually lots of family there to support others, but this time it was my family there! Also, Ben passed off his test for his yellow belt! My parents were there for that as well. I think we were all so nervous, but it turned out to be a fabulous day! I am so lucky and so blessed that we could all be together for some of the important achievements for our children!
Also while my parents were here, I crashed the van, Olivia got strep throat, I got a black eye, Lauren tumbled down the mountainside on her bike and our faucet broke to the kitchen sink. Oh my gosh...I didn't even want to ask how much more...Lucky for me, my dad was here to help fix (and pay for) the kitchen faucet. While we were fixing that, we decided to put in a new kitchen sink as well! My poor dad...every time he comes I have a major list for him! So, so, so grateful I am! And so, so, so blessed, because things could have been a lot worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment