Usually when one of our children decides to do soccer, we stick to the "we only do soccer in the fall" speech because of the weather. The spring is too unpredictable and fall always starts hot, but ends perfect. This year we caved and signed Ben up for spring soccer. Lauren wouldn't do it for the first year ever because it conflicted with YW. Anyway, I have hatred toward spring soccer. Grrr..... Last night was Ben's first game and it was only about 42 degrees with freezing cold strong winds and a wet and squishy field. Some of the parents took their kids out of the game early and went home. As Ben and I were walking to our car after the game, Ben started crying because he literally thought his toes were going to break off because he was in such pain from the cold. I felt the same, but tried not to let it show. Needless to say, this is first and LAST year we will do spring soccer.
Oh, on a positive note, Ben's team won their first game!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment