Friday, September 11, 2009

Illinois





























I realize that I haven't posted anything that I have done this summer on our blog. It has been a very fun summer. We started off with a family trip to Illinois for my dad's 70th birthday and an early 50th wedding anniversary party. As we were getting ready to head out, we received news that Steve's grandma had died. She was, I think, 94 years old and lived a very full life. She did not die of disease.

While in Illinois, I was able to spend a lot of time with my parents and do some things that we have never done. We went to Starved Rock State Park. It was so beautiful and green there...and VERY humid. We went into Chicago and had a great day. We could have made several days out of that. Never enough time in the city.

No comments: