Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012...The Beginning

So far, 8 days into 2012 and I am NOT enjoying it.  Here's why....
The beginning of December, Olivia started feeling sick.  I thought maybe she was exhausted with school, swim team and her social life.  So, I made her stay home more and just rest.  Not an easy thing to do for a teenager.  Even with more rest and healthy eating, she continued to get worse.  New Year's Eve she started to complain that it hurt when she would cough.  Then, Thursday she had a swim meet.  I went to the meet, watched her swim her first race and almost cried when I watched her get out of the pool.  She was almost crying in pain and coughing non stop.  That night I took her into the emergency room and she has a cracked rib from coughing so much and walking pneumonia.  It is the worst possible time for this to happen.  It is the end of a semester and there is so much work to be done...Hopefully she is on the road to recovery with antibiotics and an inhaler.  Same for me with a severe sinus infection.  If you are reading this and you live close, you should probably stay FAR away from our home.  Unless you are here to help with Physics homework!

No comments: